Monday, May 11, 2009

Rancho del Descanso


AKA Descanso Garden... descanso meaning rest in Spanish. Haven't been there for a while and wife hasn't been there before... so I thought we take a stroll... and as it turned out it was much better than the LA Arboretum! We liked it enough to actually joining their membership! For a gal who doesn't like flowers that much, that's amazing! ;)

Anyway, also celebrated Mother's day at the Duck House. The food there was not so bad I guess, but not very impressed by their service. Not sure if I'll go again... especially when the duck not only made me fat, but also caused some extra pimples! ;)

Besides over-feeding on regular food, I'm finally done with Jerimiah. The book is pretty depressing and scary... and not very easy to find memorable verses which I'd like to remember... hopefully things get better later on... If God is with us, of course things will get better later on! ;)

Another interesting thing worthy of mention is the TV show Lost. It's actually dealing with how predestination is intertwined with free will... I was debating with some atheists on the forum about such topic just recently and it was cool to see a TV show demonstrate the paradoxical co-existece of both! One more season and it'll supposedly end... I wonder how the show is going to finish. Wife is usually pretty good at guessing the ending, but this show is just so unpredictable she's not even going to try! ;)

(Jer 49-52, 1772. lbs, $2.599)

No comments: