Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Long, but busy weekend...

Long weekend passed by quickly, didn't seem to have too much fun because I still got lots of work to do..., but anyway, Saturday we did go to San Diego for some relaxing trip... I remember I had some headache earlier, but after our trip, I seemed to feel a whole lot better! :) I'm most proud of one of my snapshots at the pelican. I probably made couple hundred attempts in order to capture this one cool shot! Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to master the sports mode better so that one day I'll be able to capture F-1 cars! ;)


Pastor Jim is still not back yet, but will be back next week finally. He sure took a long break and pretty much all the pastors at faith got a chance to deliver a sermon! Last Sunday was Pastor Taylor from youth ministry. He talked about how we ought to stay in constant touch with God... stay up to date instead of relying on old info from before... Don't be like Moses and allow our fleshy frustrations to mess ourselves up. When God said to strike the rock the first time... that was only applicable to that first time only! When the 2nd time comes around and God said to speak to the rock, you better NOT strike the rock again!

Over the weekend we also had Howard over for dinner. He mentioned that somebody in his fellowship group was asking why his/her relationship didn't work out in the end when earlier on God gave all the positive signs? Why would God allow this kind of disappointments to happen?

Well, things change, due to our freewill, and sometimes, God's game plan changes too! Of course God's ultimate game plan of winning love won't change, but for sure the details of how He'll get to that ultimate win might change. Surely Joseph live thru a bunch of disappointments in life... perhaps Job lived thru the worst disappointments of all! We may not understand completely why God did things a certain way, but we gotta learn from Joseph and Job to continue to have faith, hope and love... instead of just giving up, curse God, and die...

Anyway, being so busy at work lately, I'm starting to feel that perhaps I've spent less time with God! It's good of pastor Taylor to remind me to be careful and watch out and to not divagate away from God too much because of work! King David also learned the lesson of making sure that the Ark better stay close to where he is in order to receive his blessings with full measure...

So yeah, may God help me stay real close to Him! :)

(2 Sam 1:6, 173.6 lbs, $3.989)

No comments: