Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy birthday to US!

Can't believe I'm freaking 38 years old already. I think I'm really getting old... can't really stay awake much... getting really tired at around 12-ish... and I can't really make up the lost sleep in the morning because I'd wake up in the morning!

Anyway, we didn't take advantage of Disneyland again this year... don't want to bankrupt Disneyland with 2 free b-day tickets again..., plus, wife doesn't really want to visit Disneyland again anyway! ;) So this year, since our b-day is in the middle of the week, we decided to just chill out and take it easy!

787 work had really burned me out a little... actually lost quite a bit of sleep over that! Burning the midnight oil try to meet deadlines... so I'm glad that is over. Plus, wife and I had not been fighting much lately! (Fighting usually means lost sleep too!) So hallelujah! ;) Today's scripture was particularly encouraging to me!

10 The LORD sits enthroned over the flood;
the LORD is enthroned as King forever.

11 The LORD gives strength to his people;
the LORD blesses his people with peace.

But of course God only helps those who wants help! Since one of our main problem is that my inability to carry out meaningful and interesting conversations, I have been trying to read up some more stuffs in order to generate more conversation topics that can help bring us closer together... Honest to God, I have never read more books in my life... all this I have my wife to thank too! I never really had the hunger for more knowledge... very complacent personality... So I think for sure God give me my wife to kick my lazy butt on the right path and try and work hard in order to prevent us from turning our marriage into a yellow-dog marriage!

I think God has probably sent Little K to remind me to exercise my brain some more by memorizing more new vocabularies! Today's word of the day happens to be 'yellow dog', that's weird... is that really a word? Or merriam webster dictionary is crazier than I am? ;)

Anyway, we enjoyed a nice little new restaraunt we found on Yelp. Pretty good food and reasonably priced. Not only that, we had a soup, appitizer, 2 entrees, and then 2 desserts and we didn't even get fat!!! WHOA, that was like too good to be true! Wife and I recently started a plan to lose weight together because we are steadily gaining weight for some reason, we've been making steady progress so far... and I was like expecting to completely mess the plan up, but instead, we continue to lose weight! Amzing! ;) Afterwards, I gave her a LUSH bomb bath! That really help relaxed her and put her into a good mood I think.

May God continue to give me the wisdom to know how put push wife's right buttons instead of the wrong buttons! ;)

(20/20, 175.2 lbs, $3.179)

No comments: