Sunday, June 7, 2009

Fight, fight, fight!

The stress of buying a house caused wife and I to have a pretty big fight again..., but at least everytime we fight, we managed to get a better understanding of each other, we managed to make the change, perhaps too slow for wife's sake, but at least things do get better! Another side bonus of course is that it helps wife lose some weight. She was in a pretty good mood recently and was complaining about weight gain, but I guess God indeed does make all things, whether good or bad, work together to benefit us! ;)

Anyway, the stupid fight was over... we're now left to tackle with 2 different condos to deal with. One of them we both like very much is more expensive... and the other one is less expensive, but we don't like as much... after talking with Aunt Jean and developed a best strategy to go forward, hopefully we can get the place we want... if not, then hopefully we can get our 2nd choice. If not, then I suppose we'll just wait some more if that is indeed God's will! Besides offering our best possible price, I also wrote a letter trying convince the seller to sell to us! If after trying our best and still can get it, we'll just have to trust God that place isn't for us I guess. But until Monday evening comes (that's when seller reviews all offer), we'll remain hopeful!

Pastor Jim also preached an interesting sermon today... explaining how our thumbs are like 'prayers', our index fingers are like the 'Word' pointing to us the way..., and our middle fingers are like ways to 'reach out' to others(to help, not to screw others of course), our ring fingers signifies our commitments or 'Convenants' and our little fingers represent being 'giving'... and it's thru all those 'fingers' that we can actually 'grip' securely God's seeds and blessings to us.

I suppose I have been using all 5 of my 'fingers' so far, but I just need to practice using them some more I think. May God can help train me how to grip better so that I won't let His Promises slip thru my fingers too much..., given my procrastinating nature, I'm sure I've let a lot of things slipped away... :(

Anyway, wife and I ended the weekend having dinner with her old high school friend at the Duck House again. We had a pretty good time and we probably gained some weight again... ;)

Tough call indeed... weight gain while in a good mood? Or weight lost while in a bad mood? May God help us to be able to maintain a healthy weight while in a healthy mood too! ;) Oh, also, may God help us get that condo! We believe both sellers are Christians, so yeah, our prayer is that may we get what's best for us! Surely He knows! :)

(Dan 1-3, 174.8 lbs, $3.099)

No comments: